RSPlib Discussions

Text archives Help

[RSPlib-Discusssion] heartbeat mechanism implementation

  • From: "thibault Renier" <toubix AT kom.auc.dk>
  • To: <rsplib-discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: [RSPlib-Discusssion] heartbeat mechanism implementation
  • Date: Wed Jan 22 17:17:01 2003

Hi,

I am wondering how you implemented the heartbeat mechanism in your RSerPool version. Here are some points I have in mind :
- on which principles (push, pull) have you based the implementation of this feature,
- is there a heartbeat mechanism only between the PUs and the PEs,
- is this implemented only at the SCTP layer,
- what is the frequency of the messages sent and what is the overhead introduced,
- what do you think about the efficiency of the heartbeat mechanism(s) implemented, could an implementation of an heartbeat mechanism at the SIP layer (running on top of RSerPool) be a solution to potential problems when implemented at the RSerPool (SCTP) layer ?

Thank you.

Regards
Tibo