RE: [SCTP-Discussion] sctpd and sctp_programs

  • From: Sim Woon Chiat ICM CA MS MI E7 Extern <WoonChiat.Sim.extern AT icn.siemens.de>
  • To: "'discussion AT sctp.de'" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: RE: [SCTP-Discussion] sctpd and sctp_programs
  • Date: Fri Aug 24 17:55:01 2001

hi,

in the sctpd directory, there is a file called sctpd.conf. In each, there
are some parameters which you can modify. The main parameters is the ADDR
fields. Please put in the source addresses that you wish to use with the
daemon (ie that which you would normally include with a -s on the command
line). Then start the daemon with ./sctpd

That should allow the daemon to work.
The LOG_LEVEL parameter specifies the level of logging.

1 = Print to Screen : non-verbose
2 = Print to Screen : verbose
3 = Print to LogFile : non-verbose
4 = Print to LogFile : verbose
5 = Print to Screen & LogFile : non-verbose
6 = Print to Screen & LogFile : verbose

the log file is sctpd.log

MAX_UA specifies the maximum number of user applications that the daemon
will support.
MAX_UA specifies the maximum number of associations that the daemon will
support.

I'm not too sure abt the Gtk errors. I have them as well, and i haven't
spend too much time solving the prob.

For a non-GUI based test prob, try the daytime-simple.

hope this helps.
cheers,
wc