Re: [SCTP-Discussion] from ACTI.

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] from ACTI.
  • Date: Fri Aug 24 20:11:01 2001

see my comments below.

e-mail:
Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001, dillip kumar
<dillip2001 AT hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hello !
> I am developing code for SCTP Stack implementation to support in our
>Load-Engine product.
>Regarding Load Engine:
> It basically developed for testing perpose to test the Telephone services
>through the Regression and load side by using the load value.
> So I need to know abt the SCTP implementation as ::
> * How to Communicating the SCTP Server and IP Layer ?
The unserland implementation available at http://www.sctp.de uses raw IP
sockets.
> * SCTP to Adaptation Layer say (M3UA/ M2UA/ SUA etc.) ?
We provide a call-back interface similiar to that described in RFC 2960
and (the basics) of the socket API described in
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-01.txt
This will be improved in future releases.
> * The SCTP Header will add and remove by which process ?
It is the SCTP header, so it will be the SCTP implementation which handles
the SCTP common header.
> * What is more convient using TCP and UDP ?
> * Abt Raw Socket and UDP Socket ?
I do not know what you are asking for.

>Please clearify me...
Hope this helps.