RE: [SCTP-Discussion] SocketApi

  • From: Tuexen Michael <Michael.Tuexen AT icn.siemens.de>
  • To: "'discussion AT sctp.de'" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Cc: "'Torbjorn Andersson'" <tora AT tora-pc.cs.kau.se>
  • Subject: RE: [SCTP-Discussion] SocketApi
  • Date: Thu Apr 25 13:42:00 2002

The API which is documented in an ID is the C one.
Maybe the bug we found also affects your situation, but
reading your mail again annother point comes in my mind.

Are you making some socket calls, then a shutdown call
end then terminate your program? That will not work because
when you terminate your program the SCTP stack also terminates,
even if there are still some DATA chunks buffered and the association
is not closed. You should wait in your program some time (sleep(10))
before terminating.

The reason for this is that part of the sctplib runs in a seperate
thread. Your 'main' functions also runs in a thread. If you call
exit, the program terminates which forces also the sctplib thread to die.

Michael Tuexen Tel.: +49 89 722 47210
Siemens AG Fax: +49 89 722 48212
ICN WN CC SE 7 E-mail:
Michael.Tuexen AT icn.siemens.de