Re: [SCTP-Discussion] programming

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT lurchi.franken.de>
  • To: "Naveen.R.Ranga" <naveenreddy32 AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: Andreas Jungmaier <ajung AT exp-math.uni-essen.de>, discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] programming
  • Date: Tue May 27 11:32:30 2003

Hi Naveen,

our implementation is a userland implementation using raw sockets
to receive/send SCTP packets. Therefore you need root privileges
to use the examples.

On Monday, May 26, 2003, at 22:26 Europe/Berlin, Naveen.R.Ranga wrote:

Hi,
THanks for the reply. Actually I have this question.
Do we need to have root access in order to do socket
programming. Since I am trying to run the examples in
the package and also a few files I had written, but
they are not working.
Please advise me reg this.thanks
naveen

=====