Re: [SCTP-Discussion] programming

  • From: "Naveen.R.Ranga" <naveenreddy32 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT lurchi.franken.de>
  • Cc: Andreas Jungmaier <ajung AT exp-math.uni-essen.de>, discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] programming
  • Date: Wed May 28 19:07:00 2003

Hi all,
Thanks for the message. Here is whats happening with
me..
I downloaded the package from www.sctp.de
//---------------
Downloading the current version of the SCTP socket API
implementation
The current version is socketapi-1.2.0 . This version
needs sctplib-1.0.0-pre19.
//-----------
untarred and installed the two pakages(sctplib....and
socketapi-...)
1.Read the draft
“draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-06.txt”in “additional
information”
2.then i started to have programming with the
statement
“socket(int sd, SOCK_STREAM,IPPROTO_SCTP)”
but I am getting these errors.
3.So Questions:
how do I do socket programming using that draft..
if not that draft how do I use this package of
(www.sctp.de), are there any examples and where is the
documentation for all the calls or extensions...are
all the features of SCTP can be done with this
socketapi like multistreaming and multihoming...
I am running on a linux-machine redhat-9.x, so please
clarify me with these. Ultimately my aim is to develop
an application using SCTP sockets. Just let me know
these, thanks for the help in advance.
Naveen.R.Ranga

--- Michael Tuexen
<Michael.Tuexen AT lurchi.franken.de>
wrote:
> Hi Nav,
>
> from which website did you get the SCTP
> implementation? What was the
> name of the .tar.gz file? This helps in clarifying
> which implementation
> you are using. Depending on this information we can
> tell you if you
> need root previledges or not.
>
> Best regards
> Michael