Re: [SCTP-Discussion] The performance of SCTP

  • From: "hi_research AT yahoo.co.uk" <hi_research AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] The performance of SCTP
  • Date: Mon Jan 3 00:12:02 2005

Hello,

Thank you so much for the email. Could you please let
me know a little bit details? So far I know, SCTP does
not support load sharing in its current form. But I
would like to transfer data to all active paths
simultaneously using SCTP implementation provided by
www.sctp.de. And I also would like to make a
comparison of the performance (for example association
throughput) between Standard SCTP behavior(which
supports only single path data transfer; where
multihoming is used only for redundancy purpose) and
load sharing SCTP behavior(which will support
concurrent multipath transfer)? Is it possible? I am
using sctplib-1.0.1. Do I need to install new
sctplib-1.0.2 and API?

Thanks,
Babu

--- Michael Tuexen