[SCTP-Discussion] sctplib-1.0.2 + win32

  • From: "Nils O. Selåsdal" <NOS AT Utel.no>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] sctplib-1.0.2 + win32
  • Date: Thu Feb 17 11:42:02 2005

I successfully built sctplib-1.0.2 on Windows XP SP2 (no cygwin).
Now, I can't get echo_server to work, I'm testing with echo_tool
from a linux machine, however the echo_server on windows doesn't respond.

Checking with ethereal, packets(INIT) are sent. Debugging and setting breakpoints shows it's stuck in MsgWaitForMultipleObjects in adaption.c line 1308. Suggesting the packets doesn't reach the sctp_server ?
(addresses and the lke of the INIT packet sent from the linux machine
is correct according to ethereal monitoring.)

Testing the other direction, echo_server on linux, and echo_tool
on windows shows an INIT beeing sent, an INIT_ACK beeing sent back,
then nothing more happens.
Digging around a bit suggeste Microsoft messed with raw sockets in SP2,
but from what I gathered it /shoud/ only affect the creation of udp and tcp
packet on top of raw sockets ?!

Any ideas ?

--
Nils O. Selåsdal