Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP implementation

  • From: "La Monte Henry Piggy Yarroll" <piggy AT baqaqi.chi.il.us>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP implementation
  • Date: Fri Mar 9 14:50:01 2001

"Immature" is more accurate than "not very bug free". :-). The
latest release (now on sctp.refcode.org) actually passes all the
functional and unit tests that we've written so far. If you are
interested in a kernel implementation, I invite you to help us steal
as much of Andreas' and Michael's fine code as possible. :-)

AFAIK, we are the only group working on an open source kernel
implementation. There have been random rumblings about a FreeBSD
implementation, but I don't think that project has started.

Sun is co-authoring the SCTP API draft with us and they have a good
start on a kernel implementation. They brought a very slick
single-homed version to the last bakeoff.

HP has a very nice implementation for HPUX, and Cisco's IOS
implementation performed well too.

That's all the publicly announced kernel implementations. If you wish
to hear about more, watch the TSV list. Several vendors have
contacted us about information for their kernel implementations,
and there are at least two other groups seriously considering open
source kernel implementations.