Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Sctplib 1.0.4 still not working on Windows XP

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: "Smedley, Mark" <mark.smedley AT logicacmg.com>
  • Cc: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Sctplib 1.0.4 still not working on Windows XP
  • Date: Tue Jun 20 22:42:01 2006

Hi Mark,

see my comments in-line.

On Jun 20, 2006, at 5:43 PM, Smedley, Mark wrote:

Hi folks,

I have still had no success in running sctplib
1.0.4 under windows.
There is no windows firewall running,
I can ping my addresses without issue.

Please? Can anyone help?
Has anyone successfully installed 1.0.4 on (A fully updated) windows xp
Has anyone else failed to get it working on XP?

I followed the instructions supplied i.e.

o Downloaded, and ran sctplib-1.0.4.exe
o It installed normally, with all defaults, and no errors.
o Downloded, and extracted the contents of glib-1.2.zip to
/Program Files/sctplib (the install dir)
o Opened two cmd prompts a & b
o typed:
echo_server -s 158.234.65.22
in prompt a
o typed:
echo_tool -d 158.234.65.22 -n 10
in prompt b

resulting in the following:
Prompt a:
C:\Program Files\sctplib>echo_server -s 158.234.65.22
Error Info: 16:21:07.109 - mdi_readSCTP_control: association not set
Error Info: 16:21:07.109 - mdi_readSCTP_control: association not set
Error Info: 16:21:07.109 - sci_getCookieLifeTime(): read SCTP-control
failed
Error Info: 16:21:07.125 - mdi_readRX_control: association not set
Error Info: 16:21:07.125 - rxc_buffer instance not set !
Error Info: 16:21:07.125 - mdi_readRX_control: association not set
Error Info: 16:21:07.125 - rxc_buffer instance not set !

Prompt b:
C:\Program Files\sctplib>echo_tool -d 158.234.65.22 -n 10
Error Info: 16:21:07.109 - rxc_buffer instance not set !

The error messages are OK. Could you try to run the stuff one two different
machines and use Wireshark formerly known as Ethereal to see if some packets
are sent or not?
I did a netstat before and after launching the
echo server and there were no new listeners started,
oh, did I mention the windows firewall is disabled?
netstat (on Unix) does not provide any information about raw sockets,
so I guess this is the same on Windows and therefore you can not see
anything with that tool.

The only thing I haven't tried is redownloading the files!
When I unzip the source the files...

1. manual/commands.doc crashes word
It is very old and is the documentation of the not longer supported
test_tool.
2. manual/commands.pdf cant be read by Adobe reader 7
I can read it with Preview.
3. manual/sctp-api-1.0-1.pdf cant be read by adobe reader 7
Same for me.

Are these files corrupt or were they released in this state??
I think they are OK, but might not be in a "dialect" supported
by Adobe. They were created by ps2pdf, I guess, and I do not know
how acceptable the output is for Adobe tools.

Mark.