Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Sctplib 1.0.4 still not working on Windows XP

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: dp AT ii.net
  • Cc: "Smedley, Mark" <mark.smedley AT logicacmg.com>, discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Sctplib 1.0.4 still not working on Windows XP
  • Date: Wed Jun 21 12:02:02 2006

Hi David,

thanks for the info. So we do not know if it is a problem with the sctplib
in specific Windows boxes in general or with the specific build from www.sctp.be.

On Jun 21, 2006, at 11:08 AM,
dp AT ii.net
wrote:

Hi Michael,

I used the download of the installer sctplib.exe from sctp.be as I don't
have access right now to a win32 compiler.

The version I compiled on redhat from source from sctp.de is working fine.

cheers,
davidp.
--
David Pascoe,
mailto:dp AT ii.net,

On Wednesday, 21 June 2006, at 09:18:53 [GMT +0200] you wrote:
MT> Hi David,

MT> did you compile the sources from www.sctp.de by your own and
MT> they are working? The stuff from www.sct.be are the soruces
MT> from www.sctp.de compiled by Lode and then put into an installer.
MT> The plan is that they are simpler to use, but maybe something
MT> went wrong. Did you manage to get the version from www.sctp.de
MT> running by compiling themselves?

MT> Best regards
MT> Michael

MT> On Jun 21, 2006, at 5:09 AM, David Pascoe wrote:

Hi Mark,

We are talking about sctplib for windows from sctplib.BE right -
from the
Belgium site and not the German one ?

I also tried the sctplib.exe from sctplib.be and found that it just
wouldn't work either. Watching in ethereal I could see that it can
generate sctp packets but would never seem to react to receiving any
packets - as if they never arrived at sctplib or it dropped them
all. The
command line programs seem to ignore the verbose flags so I
couldn't glean
any clues.

I one example the INIT would go out from the PC, and the INIT ACK
would
come back from my device under test, and that would be it. It stopped
there.

I tried various combinations of terminal, echo_server and it could
never
establish an association with my test device. By comparison my
redhat box
sitting right next to my PC is able to establish an association and
send/receive echo packets (for eg) with my test device. The redhat
box is
running sctplib 1.0.4 and using the same command line test programs -
terminal, echo_server (and indeed multiserver for dual-home testing).

So sadly I can only concur that I couldn't get it to work either. A
shame
because a simple install on windows would be great as setting it up
under
linux does take a few fiddly steps to get it working.

I agree with Michael - not sure that you want to run the echo
server and
echo_tool on the same PC ?

cheers,
davidp.
--
David Pascoe,
mailto:dp AT ii.net,

On Tuesday, 20 June 2006, at 16:43:16 [GMT +0100] you wrote:
SM> Hi folks,
SM>
SM> I have still had no success in running sctplib
SM> 1.0.4 under windows.
SM> There is no windows firewall running,
SM> I can ping my addresses without issue.

SM> Please? Can anyone help?
SM> Has anyone successfully installed 1.0.4 on (A fully updated)
windows xp