RE: [SCTP-Discussion] Sctplib 1.0.4 still not working on Windows XP

  • From: "Smedley, Mark" <mark.smedley AT logicacmg.com>
  • To: "David Pascoe" <dp AT ii.net>
  • Cc: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: RE: [SCTP-Discussion] Sctplib 1.0.4 still not working on Windows XP
  • Date: Wed Jun 21 14:22:01 2006

Hi David,

Pls also see my reply to Michael.

>We are talking about sctplib for windows from sctplib.BE right -
>from the Belgium site and not the German one ?

Correct, the precompiled .exe installer.
I did also try to compile it but that's a whole other story!

So my problem with running server and client on the same box was
down to the -i option (ignore OOTB packets).

Using this I was able to successfully get client->server comms
going as follows;
test To(term a) From(term b)
1 combined_server -i -V terminal -i -V -d <ipaddr>
2 echo_server -i -V -s <ipaddr> echo_tool -i -d <ipaddr> -n 10

Results
1. was able to type stuff in the terminal. This was received, length
logged
and echoed back to the terminal by the server
2. Observed significant CPU usage on the echo_server and echo_tool which
implied the initial 10 packets where "ping-ponging" between the two as
described in a test somewhere (sorry I cant remember what doc I found
this in, wish I could there was some more useful info).
I'll try multi next...

I guess this does not assist in diagnosing the Win32/Linux missmatch
in behaviour you described but "may" be of some help.

Rgds,
Mark.