RE: [SCTP-Discussion] Is the timer_list initialised?

  • From: Coene Lode <Lode.Coene AT siemens.atea.be>
  • To: "'discussion AT sctp.de'" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: RE: [SCTP-Discussion] Is the timer_list initialised?
  • Date: Wed Apr 4 15:15:02 2001

Folks,

I do call sctp_registerInstance()(Thank you for the tip, Wolfgang) but
something goes wrong during the execution of the code within that function.
I was able to trace it back to all the conversions from union sockunion to
unsigned char(done in my own code) which is then converted back(in the SCTP
library) (but only taking into account the IP address itself, not family
field or other fields) unsigned char to sin.sin_addr. unfortunaly in my
character array, the whole sockunion struct is given not the 32 ipv4 address
only, so the nice conversion routine inet_aton tells(located in
adl_str2sockunion) me: sorry, conversion didn't work, thus skipping the rest
of sctp_registerInstance and ultimatly giving me the segment fault(well we
are not sure, we are only at the start of our troubles :-))

So the question is now:
- should the char array only contain the part needed for sin.sin_addr(= the
IP pointcode address) or should it include more?
- ain't it better to work with the sockunion struct instead of the char/byte
array. At least the compiler get something more to do than generating
assember code. It can warn you if you did provide the wrong parameter to
your function. (I like strong type checking anyway by a compiler)

Thank you for the support.

yours sincerly,
Lode

Siemens Atea ICN D CS D