RE: [SCTP-Discussion] Is the timer_list initialised?

  • From: Coene Lode <Lode.Coene AT siemens.atea.be>
  • To: "SCTP Discussion (E-mail)" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: RE: [SCTP-Discussion] Is the timer_list initialised?
  • Date: Wed Apr 4 18:06:02 2001

Yeah after talking to Michael, I fixed this and now it gets through
sctp_registerInstance without any hicups(including doing the initalisation
of the timer list)
It even does some sctp_associate stuff cause I get a association id back.
Will have a look if it doesn't do weird things. Next is hooking up another
PC running this stuff. (the PC ain't the problem, finding a jack that still
works is)

> > - ain't it better to work with the sockunion struct instead of the
> > char/byte array. At least the compiler get something more to do than
> > generating assember code. It can warn you if you did
> provide the wrong
> > parameter to your function. (I like strong type checking anyway by a
> > compiler)
>
> Well, we had some lengthy conversation with Wolfgang Schrüfer
> and he felt it was better to have an sctp.h that did not include
> any OS specific stuff (indeed it is plain C now).
> Internally we use the struct sockunion - so there is one conversion
> involved inside the library from string to struct sockunion
> per new SCTP instance (plus another one in your application
> maybe). As that should not happen very often I don't think it
> is a performance problem.

I prefer having predefined structs.
Need the converted IP address anyway caus it can be included in the SUA msg.
Doesn't really matter to me,works (and change was confined to a single file
pffft...)

> Anyway, if the conversion fails, the function sctp_registerInstance
> returns 0 as an error code - and you should know that the
> registration has not worked.

Well, is solved.

> Regards,
>
> Andreas Jungmaier
>
> -
> --------------
> void hamlet()
> {#define question=((bb)||(!bb))}
> -
> --------------
> Andreas Jungmaier, Dipl.-Ing.
> University of Essen email:
> ajung AT exp-math.uni-essen.de
> Computer Networking Technology Group Tel. : +49 (0201) 183-7636
> -
> --------------
> PGP Public Key and Fingerprint: see
http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~ajung
-

Thansk all of you. Till the next problem maybe.

yours sincerly,
Lode

Siemens Atea ICN D CS D
Software Development