Re: [SCTP-Discussion] New to sctplib / impl. without glib?

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: Carsten Fuchs <CarstenFuchs AT T-Online.de>
  • Cc: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] New to sctplib / impl. without glib?
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 20:36:32 +0100

Hi Carsten,

se comments in-line.

On Feb 5, 2008, at 8:26 PM, Carsten Fuchs wrote:

Hi all,

Michael Tuexen wrote:
b) The types gint32_t and uint32_t are totally unknown even to the glib. Although the fix is easy (add "typedef int gint32_t; typedef unsigned int uint32_t;" to globals.hpp), I think they shouldn't be used at all.
I fixed this a couple of weeks ago. Thomas, I think you changed it again. Did you make sure that
the types are available?
There is no *.hpp. And gint32_t is available on all platform we currently support, since
it is provided by glib.

Sorry, I meant globals.h (not globals.hpp) of course.

About the two types, I downloaded the glib-2.14.5 source-code edition and grepped through all files for the string "gint32_t", but the only hits I get are in #defines like

#define GINT32_FROM_LE(val) (GINT32_TO_LE (val))

Just tried again, still nothing.
The configure script is used to generate the file glib-2.14.5/ glibconfig.h where you
find the definition of guint32_t:
typedef unsigned int guint32;
Please note that this definition is OK on ILP32 and LP64 and LLP64 systems, but not
on ILP64 systems. That is why this file is generated.

d) There are several warnings about comparisons between signed/ unsigned at the highest warning level (which I compile all my code with...). Any interest in a detailed report?
Maybe you can provide a unified diff?

Ok, will provide one as soon as I finish the first working glib replacement. :-)
Thanks.

Best regards,
Carsten

--