Re: [SCTP-Discussion] New to sctplib / impl. without glib?

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: Thomas Dreibholz <dreibh AT iem.uni-due.de>
  • Cc: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] New to sctplib / impl. without glib?
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:41:48 +0100

Hallo Thomas,

Kommentare in-line.

Viele Grüße
Michael

On Feb 6, 2008, at 10:56 AM, Thomas Dreibholz wrote:

On Dienstag, 5. Februar 2008, you wrote:
Dear all,

see my comments in-line.

On Feb 5, 2008, at 4:42 PM, Carsten Fuchs wrote:
Thomas Dreibholz wrote:
Compiling as C++ is not a big problem. I have added the type casts
and created a test package. You can find it here:
http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~dreibh/temp/sctplib-1.0.8beta2.tar.gz

Thanks!

Just FYI, here are a few minor points that I encountered when
compiling sctplib with VC(++) 8 and 9, which are both a lot more
standards conforming than the older VC(++) 6, and thus possibly more
picky. VC++ 6 is btw. the only Windows compiler for which
precompiled glib binaries are available...

Anyways, these points might be related to compiler version issues or
something else, I just noted them for completeness:

a) The Microsoft compilers predefine the _WIN32, but not the WIN32
macro, so the code should probably test for _WIN32, not WIN32.

Irene, what is defined in VC6?

b) The types gint32_t and uint32_t are totally unknown even to the
glib. Although the fix is easy (add "typedef int gint32_t; typedef
unsigned int uint32_t;" to globals.hpp), I think they shouldn't be
used at all.

I fixed this a couple of weeks ago. Thomas, I think you changed it
again. Did you make sure that
the types are available?

The types are at least available on Unix systems. I think uint32_t, etc. are
defined in stdint.h. Does this include file also exist under Windows? May be,
we can find type definitions which will be available under all systems. Also,
configure.in should check for the types.
configure.in is only used on Unix/Linux, not on Windows. Repeating my question:
Do you use a system where integer variable of 64 bit? This would mean a ILP64 system?

d) There are several warnings about comparisons between signed/
unsigned at the highest warning level (which I compile all my code
with...). Any interest in a detailed report?

Yes.

Dr. Thomas Dreibholz

University of Duisburg-Essen, Room ES210
Inst. for Experimental Mathematics Ellernstraße 29
Computer Networking Technology Group D-45326 Essen/Germany
E-Mail:
dreibh AT iem.uni-due.de
Homepage: http://www.iem.uni-due.de/~dreibh